Day 10/20/08
I returned to New Visions today. Mrs. K was being observed by the principal. Mrs. K did a lesson on Allie’s Basketball Dream. Her aim was to assess prior knowledge and increase student comprehension of new vocabulary words from the story. For this story the vocabulary words were: aimed, professional, familiar, monitor, pretended and captain. After going over clues and ideas of what basketball players do, Mrs. K had the students read a CLOZE passage. The students had a word bank at the top of the page, which they had to use to fill in the blanks. Some students had a choice of two words next to the blank; this was to modify the lesson. The other students had no choices and had to use their words form the word bank to fill in the blanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kristen,
I thought today's lesson was good! Did you see any strategies (pedagogical and classroom management) you like from it? If yes, what are they? One thing I observed was the "questioning" strategy. Mrs. K asked many good questions to help students' undertanding. Do you agree?
Hi Kristen,
I look forward to reading your blog entry 3 and 4.
Post a Comment